My Life is Russian

Day 24, June 11
        It is another cold night here in Russia. Later I will go back to school and continue learning until around October when I can go back to America. I don’t miss it much because everything is so new and there are lots to do. My friends Vladimir and Nikkoli stay with me as we sit and enjoy the day off. So far life has been easy and I have learned a lot about their culture. Yesterday was Russia Day; it is a lot like America’s Independence Day. We celebrated and are now taking the day off. Things I don’t understand about Russia are how they have so much land but low population. I have also learned how people don’t live as long here in Russia compared to other countries. I have learned Russia use less fuel then other countries. Also in Russia I have a greater chance to be employed, while spending less. I don’t think Russia is better than living in the U.S.   Did you know that I have an 83% more change of getting STD's over here in Russia? But health care is significantly cheaper. I really don't think Russia is the place for me. I would make 63% less money then America and if I had a child here, there is an 68% chance they will die in infancy. Hopefully, Nikkoli will let me come to hockey practice tomorrow. He plays for his high school and we started chatting about hockey in america and the Olympics. I tell him how my favorite team is the Black Hawks.  I would also end up working 12% more hours then in America. Also knowing the history of Russia I would not want to live in this country. The landscape in Russia is magnificent. The area is snowy and few patches of green in this chilly area. The architecture is really interesting. There are huge buildings and lots of little shops. Demitri I hope you get this letter and share with all of our friends back in the U.S.
      


                                                                                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment