Special Question

Please write a five paragraph essay on the question: Was Alexander's adventure really worth it? In your body paragraphs, you must cite specific examples to back up your thesis -- examples must include one from each of the following: Egypt, Persepolis, Afghanistan, India.

Personally I don’t think Alexander’s quest was worth it. He was a crazy person and didn’t deserve to be a leader because he was a bad one. He never got to see his home ever again and he didn’t deserve to have the resources he had. He just wanted a legend because conquering Persia would make him a hero. I think he should never have gone into Persia. From my point of view I think he should have stayed in Athens, he should have lead his country to greatness, and should have brought Athens to be the leader of the Mediterranean.  

Firstly, I Believe he should have stayed in Athens. He never got back to Athens. I believe if he stayed in Athens he would have lead the Athenians to greatness. But he was too ambitious and wanted to make a hero of himself. He is now a legend because he was reckless and just did many stupid things.

Secondly, if he stayed in Athens he would have been a great leader. He could have made Athens a main port in the Greek world. He could have made Athens a democracy again. If they were a democracy he could have made a bigger empire in the Mediterranean. If he had done this he could have taken over an even bigger part of the world.  He would have made the world a better empire and united everyone.

Finally, he could have become the leader of the Mediterranean. He could have united the many states of Greece. The world would be a different place because he would have made Athens the center of trade and an awesome place to be. It probably would have changed the world for the better. His empire probably would have been contested by all the other empires. But he could have taken them on. Maybe his empire could be around today if he took my advice.

In the end, Alexander did everything wrong. He became a legend because he did reckless things. He was not that smart and he just did very stupid things. He just wanted to make a legend for himself. I don’t think Alexander’s quest was worth it. As I said he was a crazy person and didn’t deserve to be a leader because he was a bad one. Like I said, from my point of view I think he should have stayed in Athens, he should have lead his country to greatness, and should have brought Athens to be the leader of the Mediterranean.  

2 comments:

  1. For this essay, I think you could have gone into a littl more detail about each place Alexander went to. You really did not even talk about Alexander in those four places. Here's a link:http://www.eternalegypt.org/EternalEgyptWebsiteWeb/HomeServlet?ee_website_action_key=action.display.module&story_id=&module_id=330&language_id=1&text=text

    ReplyDelete
  2. No specific evidence; no sources; tone strays from academic. Please refrain from the use of personal pronouns. More importantly, please remember that the goal of an academic paper is to present and debate an argument in the form of a thesis; this paper does not do that.

    ReplyDelete