Does Power Corrupt? How or How Not? Why or Why Not? Do you think Alexander was corrupted? And who influenced whom the most: Did Persia become more Greek or did Alexander becoming more Persian?
I think power can corrupt people. Power can do many things to people. Power can corrupt, change people, and ruin empires. When it comes to Alexander I think power started to corrupt him after he beat the at the first battle. I think he changed Persia and also was changed by Persia.
First off, power corrupts people in many ways. One way it changes the way they lead. They are more risky and take risks. They will send people into battle even though the odds are against them. It also can change them and make them more demanding and less lenient. It could make you more harsh on you citizens and generals. Finally, Corruption of power can lead to losses because you can become more conservative and save all your countries money and launder it to their bank account.
Secondly, I think Alexander became corrupted. At first he wasn't corrupted but became changed over time. He was so corrupted he got very risky and lost more battles. E was also meaner then he was before. He would bully his generals and kill people who denied him. He was just being a jerk and didn't deserve to be emperor.
Finally, I think both Alexander and Persia were changed. They both effected each other in different ways. The way Alexander changed Persia was he conquered it would never have been the same. Persia never recovered. I think Alexander was changed by Persia little ways. Persia changed alexander by making him more Persian and changed his ruling style. It also made him more arrogant because he thought he could do anything.
In the end I think power does corrupt people. As I said before, power can do many things to people. Alexander, I think power started to corrupt him after he beat the at the first battle. I think he changed Persia and also was changed by Persia. This is what I think of power affects people.
You need specific examples here. There is no indication that you have the historical references at hand to back up your argument.
ReplyDelete