Question 9

9. Renaissance. (appx 10 minutes) Who do you think best represents the ideal of the “Renaissance Man”: Leonardo da Vinci, Michaelangelo, or Shakespeare? In a two to three paragraph response, you will need to define what a “Renaissance Man” is and you will need to find at least three works of art or direct quotes from letters, poems, plays, etc. to support your claims.

I believe that the Shakespeare was the most influential. If he was not around we not have plagiarism today. He copied anything and used it as his own work. That is smart because now we have laws to protect us. But I also thought by doing that many become in love with the thought of Romans and Greeks. Now all his plays and poetry are classics and we don't even remember the original version. He made things famous that would not have been.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we would have had a bit more time and you could have expanded on this. Certainly the Renaissance was marked by an increased comparison of the present with the Classical past, especially in the visual arts and architecture. I think you have an innate sense of this in what you have written here; it is exactly the sort of sentiment that would benefit from an expanded analysis. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete